PDA

View Full Version : PHP/XML User Saves/Sends to Database

LetzGoTerps
03-12-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm just writing to ask a couple questions. I realize this could and will be difficult, but I was wondering if anyone could help me. What I want to do is make a User Interface Bracket for the upcoming NCAAs. I want to make it so that people can click on who they believe is going to be the winner of a game. This, I've got figured out...I believe. Once they click on the winner, it makes a new copy of the button in a different field where they can then decide the winner of the new game.

Here's where I need help. Is there any way to assign these numerical values so that I can then have the user hit a click/submit button and send it to a database of some sort, my friend has a PHP server, and save the information there?

If anyone can help or give me any suggestions, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

- Jimmy, and yes, still learning a lot.

freddycodes
03-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Cross-post
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=24278

Your post in the other forum did not go unanswered because noone saw it, it is most likely because you have not given enough information. You are probably not going to magically get an answer just by changing the forum. Try rewording your questions or providing more detail.

red penguin
03-13-2003, 04:19 AM
Sure. Set up a database. Get the users to sign up. Keep the relevant info, when they click on the button, you'd call some magically writeen PHP scripts to INSERT stuff into your DB.

Sounds like a decent little project.