PDA

View Full Version : my remoting movie only works locally

jaybee
03-14-2003, 02:33 PM
hi, I followed the tutorial on the mm site re getting started with remoting, and built a helloWorld swf with a cf component at the back end........it works in test mode and when I publish it locally, but when I publish it on the web, no go........here is the as:

#include "NetServices.as"
#include "NetDebug.as"

function Result()
{
//receives data returned from the method
this.onResult = function(result)
{
result_txt.text += "\nData received from server: "+result;
}

this.onStatus = function(error)
{
trace("Error : " + error.description);
}
}

NetServices.setDefaultGatewayUrl("http://myhost.com/flashservices/gateway");
var gw = NetServices.createGatewayConnection();
var server = gw.getService("path.to.helloworld", new Result());

my_btn.onRelease = function() {
server.sayHello();
}

and when the version on the web loads the movie seems to have problems cos the button doesn't turn the cursor into a hand as it should........I thought it could be a problem with including the as files, but they seem to be in the right place....?

freddycodes
03-14-2003, 02:53 PM
When you publish to the web, is the swf doing the calling on the same machine as the Remoting server? If not that is your problem.

jaybee
03-14-2003, 02:56 PM
yes it is

jaybee
03-15-2003, 03:29 PM
let me know if anybody thinks it would be useful to see the fla on this, or if you think it could be to do with the host....it's a free host, the only one I could find that do remoting....:(

freddycodes
03-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Nothing in life is free my friend ;)

jaybee
03-15-2003, 05:33 PM
you said a mouthful there, fred:rolleyes: :)

Emanweb
03-23-2003, 04:37 PM
If your website is under IIS you should take a look at the following article:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash_remoting/ts/documents/iis_gateway_connection.htm

HTH

Emanuel

IntensityLevel
09-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm having the same problem. If I double click the swf and view it in the local flash player, my web services work. If I attempt to go to a url where the swf is hosted (in the same domain/server as the web service even), the data never loads. I thought it might have been a problem with cross-domain-policy, so I made that file in the servers root with a * policy. This did not help. I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

IntensityLevel
09-13-2005, 10:28 PM
I have finally solved a problem I've seen posted on many forums including this one.
-- WebServiceFault: VersionMismatch --
Make sure that if you're using nusoap and apache compression that you go edit nusoap and comment out the lines that perform compression on the soap envelope. Whats happening is that it is being double compressed and the flash client is getting garbage (when viewed in IE). It works fine from the localhost since you're not passing the "compress me plz" header (which both Apache AND nusoap react to).

Lupos
01-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Emanweb... you are my hero... me and my boss/network admin have been banging our heads against the wall for nearly a week with this issue!

bless you sir! dont know why i coudlnt find this article when serachign macromedia site though... oh well... just thrilled to have foudn it... thanks again!

kanika
01-31-2006, 04:57 AM
I am still facing the problem of FLV's not playing from the server although the files are played and working fine with local machine path but from the server itself. I have Windows 2003 Server, is there any security problem but why then it is working fine in external domain and rather than its own doamin of the server.

I am using MediaDisplay to play the FLV files with:-

my_Media.setMedia(urlPath)
and appending appropriate path in case of Local Machine and Server nothing is added bcz it at local path.
This works fine when i macke my machine as server but not posted as site, but not working fine when as server.

kerstin_mi
09-20-2006, 07:30 AM
When you publish to the web, is the swf doing the calling on the same machine as the Remoting server? If not that is your problem.

... I have that problem!
What can I do?

I am working with amfphp. The script works fine when tested within flash.
If I put the file online (on a different server than my remoting server), it does not work anymore...

I use allowDomain("....") to allow my script to get/put data from/to the remoting server...
But it still doesn't work...

What steps are to do?

Thank you for replying!
Kerstin

deepakkarma
12-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Hi my all friends !
you put url "http://ur ip adds/FlashRemoting/gateway.aspx"

FlashRemoting is my directory in which gateway.aspx file .

now.very important thing.
in bin folder of ur project there shold be file called "frconfig.txt"
in which u write-

IP=ur ip address
Log Level=Error
Log File Size=1048576

and then run ur application through IIS.