PDA

View Full Version : Banner with fade in/fade out effects

justfroeja
08-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Iīm totally new to this forum and to Actionscript 3.0. I did some flash projects a long time ago, with Flash 4 (when it was a Macromedia product) but for many years I havenīt done anything in Flash.

Well, now my company wants me to freshen up the company website with a flash banner. The banner consists of tre images. Firstly the first image fades in and is visible for a while. When image 1 fades out, image two fades in and then stays visible for a while. And the same for image 3, when image 2 fades out, image 3 fades in. Got all that working and looking nice.

On to my problem; when the third image is fading out the banner is completely white before image 1 starts fading in again. I want image 1 to start fading in the second round at the same time image 3 is fading out.

I thougt of putting the fading out of image 3 at the beginning of the timeline and somehow hide that portion the first time the banner is loaded. How can I do that with ActionScript 3? Or how would you do the seamless looping for this kind of banner?

KD40
09-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Recently i ended up with a similar project. I found that photoshop could accomplish this task very easily with its built in gif animation software.

PainAndPancakes
09-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Quick answer:

- Put a label, 'label_01' at the keypoint where image 1 reaches alpha 100%.
- After image 3, create a new transition where image 1 fades in for the second time around.
- When image 1 is fully loaded, make it go to 'label_01' again.
- Violla, you've got yourself a loop.

justfroeja
09-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Thank you PainAndPancakes. That is exactly the way I figured it out too. Sometimes itīs difficult to see the simple solutions to things :-)

Elliprof2
09-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Thanks a lot PainAndPancakes. I really appreciate the tip. I have been struggling with looping for a while. I will try what you suggested. Thanks again.

paul23turner
09-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the information that been posted here..
In some ways it helps me.