PDA

View Full Version : I have written a new article.

alejogn
09-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi there! I did a article waiting for approval. It is called "The fastest poker hands evaluator ever"... it was a good experiment I did.

Cheers!

CyanBlue
09-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank you for the tutorial...

Can you please upload the file attachment to the CMS and link to it instead of pointing your domain???

I was just wondering if you could go over the codes briefly so that others can understand what you are doing... That way the tutorial is more valuable to the reader... That's just my 2 cents... ;)

alejogn
09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Hi there.

Well, it is strange, every time I have published an article in actionscript.org I always attach all the images and resources of it but things like the sourcecode are something that I'm constantly improving and making it better with the time, that's the only one reason why it is pointing to my download page (control version), if you take a look on all my previous articles, they are all the same.

now, about the source code itself, I think it is really simple to read, especially the Main.as (there is nothing complex here), as I said in my article I've translated a huge C++ code to ActionScript 3 manually and the whole explanation of it is here www . suffecool . net /poker/evaluator.html (the concept doesn't rely to any particular language). You want me to copy and paste the explanation of it? I don't think it is necessary, whoever wants to go forward will find the way with no problems.

cheers!

CyanBlue
09-03-2010, 11:37 AM
The main reason why we want to keep the article and the source code in ont page is for the time when other domain does down for whatever reason it might be... We've seen that happening many times, so we thought that it's valuable to keep them together to make the article worth and available to anybody... I'll let Jesse decide on that...

As for the code itself, that sounds fine for me... :)

alejogn
09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi again!

Okay, cool! I have uploaded the sourcecode a .zip file so the article is self contained. I still leave the link in case readers wants to check if there is any improved version of it.

cheers!

:)

CyanBlue
09-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Awesome... Appreciate it... :)
http://www.actionscript.org/resources/articles/1029/1/The-fastest-poker-hands-evaluator-ever/Page1.html