PDA

View Full Version : Website lagging problem

phino
09-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone, I am not a big actionscript/flash person but for my final project, i have to make an on-line portfolio.

now the problem is, i get lagtime, i have one main swf that has a container_mc and i am loading my swf's externally rather than putting them on stage and have them slid out or slide on stage sorta deal.

my problem is that it's lagging bigtime, or is it just my computer. here is the link, browse around and i'm sure some of you will see what i mean, especially the portfolio section of mine.

edwardbulfango.com/site/index2.html

i don't know whats wrong but i keep also seeing data being transferred in my site in the bottom of the browser where the status bar is. it takes a while to click a button to go next, etc etc.

hope someone can help me out with this.

oh and btw, i have preloaders for all the swf's, so they all have their own preloader. i was told it's better that way for what i am doing.

this project is due Weds and i am having a hard time trying to figure this out. :( all help and any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

evolution-x
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
I see that you have a WAV file playing in the background.. change it to mp3 and see what happens.

If not, then the water effect is probably the one causing trouble.

aeson
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
You are absolutely right when you say its LAGGING.
But you don't provide any additional info, like which version of actionscript you used, whether you wrote the entire code yourself, whether you are mixing different version of codes (like as2 with as3). That last one has given me some big lags as well...

phino
03-01-2011, 01:28 PM
I see that you have a WAV file playing in the background.. change it to mp3 and see what happens.

If not, then the water effect is probably the one causing trouble.

i know this is a late reply but better late than never, i have changed to mp3 and still the same, the water effect has been changed as well but same affect.

phino
03-01-2011, 01:29 PM
But you don't provide any additional info, like which version of actionscript you used, whether you wrote the entire code yourself, whether you are mixing different version of codes (like as2 with as3). That last one has given me some big lags as well...

i am using AS3, it's all AS3, the only heaviest coding would be the water effect.

it's still lagging till this day too, thanks

rupak447
03-16-2011, 06:20 AM

Hm, I am also intentioned to know about the version of actionscript you used.

Sara Martin
03-24-2011, 03:50 AM
I was thinking last time that i should know about this.Now i am learning here and enjoying.