PDA

View Full Version : [CS5] Embedding fonts with an applied style? (Arial-Bold)!

sidedoor
09-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey there,

Can someone please clearly explain what's going on with embedding a font using one of its styles?

I'm clear on the new CS5 IDE dialogue for embedding fonts, for example, embedding Arial, no problem, BUT, I want to embed Arial Bold (should be easy, right?), so I:

1. From the dynamic textfield's property panel, select Arial for the family, and Bold for the style.
2. Click embed, the dialogue appears, set up with the Arial-Family and Bold-Style as an entry on the list of embedded fonts.
3. I set a range of characters to be embedded with the font.
4. Click OK.

(Note: We're not assigning this font via actionscript to the textfield, the dynamic textfield is an asset on the stage, etc, so I'm assuming then I shouldn't have to export the font for actionscript)

But clearly it's NOT OK, the bold font doesn't render, and I just see the regular Arial font...

So what gives? How can I get an embedded font STYLE to render correctly?

Thanks!

mjlee
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure this one out? Thanks!

joe411
07-14-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm having a similar problem embedding a style, say (faux) italic, for use with html text, in particular with fonts that don't have styles like Arial Black.

You can embed Arial Black in the normal way but if you try and feed in italic with the <i> tag in through htmlText it just wont display

The only thing that works for me is to place a duplicate textfield off stage set to the style you want. Still, should be a proper way to do this...