PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Azlan
03-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Hi all!

First I would like to say that I am totally new to Flash. I am a programmer, mainly Java, but I have a lot of experience with Director from a few years back.

I would just like to ask if I am on the right track with this:

I want to make an interface for our productions, a 3d-plugin wich communicate with the browser with Javascript.
Since all our productions are similar I want the GUI (Flash) to read from an XML file where I can structure the actions and the grouping of these.
So, I want flash to read from XML (this I know will work) create the structure (prefferably using OOP) and view "textlinks" that I can click and send messages to the browser which I send on to the plug.
My problem is that I don't know where to begin with the creating of the "links". Should I use Button or MovieClips? Should I create them from scratch of just instantiate one from the library? I would really like to use OOP for this since there will probably be more info connected to the link than just the text and the message.

Now, I have just begun looking into flash, so the question I would like to ask you is not how I will do this, more if it is possible, or how hard it is. And maybe a few pointers on what I should take a look at. Maybe there is some tutorial somewhere that handles these kind of questions.

Thanks in advance
/Henric