PDA

View Full Version : reversing animation in a button

ezk
05-16-2001, 03:26 PM
Hi all,
I have a movie clip animation which is a button's mouseover state. How can I reverse this mc animation on mouseout of the same button (like a magnifying effect?)
Cheers,
EZ

Liquid
05-18-2001, 02:23 AM
http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/actionscripts_library/index3.shtml?#9

A good way to check to see if your question has been posted before is to do a search using tha nav. on the top right.
Best of Luck.

ezk
05-18-2001, 09:49 AM
Hi,
I had seen that example before, I guess my question should have been "what is the address of a movie clip within a button", i.e. is it "_root.xxx.yyy" or what?
Using the script you directed me to returns a "target not found" error in Generator. The mc is not a single element in the frame, but is only the rollover state of a button in the frame. So I'm wondering how I target this?
Cheers,
ez

Jesse
05-19-2001, 11:04 AM
you can't target elements within buttons (or buttons themselves), only MCs...

i think your best bet would actually be to put the button within a movie clip. that way you can have the animation on mouse over and on mouse out you can play the rest of the movie clip whcih has the out animation... it's going to be about the only way to do it because you can't use reverse scritps on the internal mc (on the button OVER state) because as soon as you mouse out, that MC is no longer active/visible

Cheers

Jesse

ezk
05-20-2001, 03:12 PM
That info is spot-on. (back to the drawing board for me though)
cheers again,
ez