PDA

View Full Version : Good and Bad (scroll pane)

NetScamp
03-21-2003, 04:51 PM
I got a button to assign a movie clip to the pane, and when published, or test movie'd, it does scroll, but it scrolls on top of the pane, it is not inside the pane.

So what you see is the outline of the pane with a huge body of text floating over it, controlled by the pane's scroll bar.

I was hoping the text would be inside the pane, and that you would only see part of the text, read it, and then scroll more of the text into view.

I didn't know if this was a beginner question or not, so sorry if it's in the wrong forum.

For, in the end, is not a beginner but an expert with a bag over his head ?

Thanks,
RjW

elfis
03-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Hello NetScamp !!!

Not a senior member to say with pathos:"Be welcomed to this forum..." he .. but man - you are in the write place to get full help about flash and other stuff ... and ... be welcomed to the best flash board ever :D

... ou ... your problem ... guess its just a case with masking !!

attach your .fla and i will try to help !!!

P.S. well ... whata introduction ... hehe :D

NetScamp
03-21-2003, 06:42 PM
My Friend,

I stumbled upon the solution.

A button set the content of a scrollpane, which was a movie clip, but really just contained the text I wanted to scroll.
In that clip, I had the text in a dynamic text box. I changed it to a static box and voila! It works.

thanks for the reply,
RjW

CyanBlue
03-22-2003, 05:03 AM
Howdy and Welcome... ;)

I am glad that you have fixed your problem...

I think the problem was the font... You should embed the font so that it can work properly within the ScrollPane, which is basically the masking... If you had embedded the font right, you should have the text scrolling properly... Static text field automatically embed the font, but dynamic and input text field do not... ;)