PDA

View Full Version : preloading mc's with library items

skee
03-23-2003, 11:53 PM
I have done a number of searches on as.org for ways to preload .swf's. The question that I am having a hard time figuring out is how to get a preloader to work when the movie to be loaded has all the graphics in the library and I don't want to change the export settings within that movie. The preloader works for .swf files that have all objects on the main stage. Any tips are suggestions appreciated.
thanks,
skee

Jesse
03-24-2003, 05:36 AM
If you'r enot willing to change the export settings to stop the library items exporting on the first frame you will have to use a wrapper SWF which acts simply as a preloader of extenal files. See this open source file for an external file preloader: http://www.actionscripts.org/showMovie.php?id=42

skee
03-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the response Jesse. I was able to avoid the wrapper .swf by simply putting the library objects on the main stage in a frame before the attachMovie script in the mc's to be loaded...and it worked. I was then able to remove the "Export in 1st Frame" option. Another valuable piece of advice I found with a bit more searching.
thanks again,
skee

Jesse
03-25-2003, 05:11 AM
Yeah that's what i meant by "change the export settings". Glad you got it going.

skee
03-25-2003, 05:43 PM
...I guess that is what you said...just didn't fully get it at first. It took me way too long to understand this.
thanx