PDA

View Full Version : LoadVariables fails through firewall/proxy

DazAttak
05-17-2001, 10:32 PM
Hi,

I am trying to use the loadVariables command from a projector file to query a database (using a Cold Fusion script). This works fine on localhost and over my "dial up" connection, but when you run it from a pc behind a firewall/proxy server the loadVar doesn't even get to the script. However, getURL works fine.

After a little investigation I found that the 'user-agent' param in the http header is set to 'shockwave flash' for the loadVar, yet to 'Mozilla' for getURL (from projector files only)

Does anyone know how I can change the user-agent (a hack maybe?) so that the loadVar also uses 'Mozilla'? I don't really want to use getURL as it calls up a (new) browser window each time it is used.

Thanks in advance,

DazAttak

Jesse
05-18-2001, 03:50 AM
That's a pretty specific technical problem, I think your best bet is to ask Macromedia about that one.

Cheers

Jesse

hinkle
05-18-2001, 01:11 PM
Are you using "POST" or "GET" cos "POST" won't work in a projector. MM has documentation on it.

DazAttak
05-18-2001, 01:55 PM
All of the getURL/loadVar variations in my orig posting above use GET only as I am only passing a few short variables.

The projector (loadVar GET) works fine as long as you aren't behind a firewall/proxy server.

Jesse
05-19-2001, 06:00 AM
Just sounds like another techinical issue that needs fixing in Flash 6, I would suggest you write MM about it so they can fix it up before F6 comes out...

Cheers

Jesse

ozon
12-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Do you find a solution ? I have the same probleme: I create a projector with load xml who works fine if not behind a firewall/proxy ...