PDA

View Full Version : how to upload source fles and how to insert code snippets with [AS]?

harivbull
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Hello,
I got an author account recently. i already foillowed the video tutorials. But I cannot follow two things clearly.how to upload source files into tutorial space? i had flash As3 SWF as embeded object.can I continue with that or I need to change them into static images/screenshots, i am unable to folllow clearly about it. And you suggested all the code snippets shoud be wrapped insidevar ggg=gg. But It is not working in the preview. is there any other thing I need to do for that?

Jesse
12-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for your contribution.

You can definitely embed SWF files. In the HTML editor, you just need to click the last button in the second row of buttons, and locate the file (or upload it). The only thing which doesn't work that well is if your file loads external content like XML or similar. If it does that, there's a work-around, but it's a little complex, so I'll only elaborate if you need it.

The preview function in the Author view of the CMS doesn't support the code highlighting. That's actually built into the end-user view, so you can't see it until the article is live, but as long as you've only put plain text (no HTML formatting) between the tags, it'll work just fine.