PDA

View Full Version : [AS3] Flash and actionscript Windows system integration?

AmiAction
12-27-2010, 09:23 AM
hello,

need to know if there are components that permits flash and actionscript to integrate with Windows system. I need to connect a flash or air app with Active Directory, or doing LDAP query or access WMI.

Any info?

Thank you
Best regards

henke37
12-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Not even AIR provide any OS specific features. I am afraid that you will have to use the ExternalInterface class and a custom embeding application.

AmiAction
12-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Not even AIR provide any OS specific features. I am afraid that you will have to use the ExternalInterface class and a custom embeding application.

Where can i find example or tutorial for ExternalInterface or a custom embedding application?

henke37
12-27-2010, 01:13 PM
The first one is a two part history. The ActionScript part is documented in the reference manual. The other part is hopefully documented whereever the custom embedding is. Tell me if you find that one.

AmiAction
12-28-2010, 07:33 AM
I wonder if anyone have consider this in building flash extensions. Can Zinc give access to active directory, ldap or WMI?
I think this is an important part of desktop integration

northcode
12-28-2010, 07:56 PM
In SWF Studio (my product) you can use our JScript support to make WMI calls. Check out http://www.northcode.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9271 for an example. If you search WMI in our forums you'll find a bunch of other examples showing how to access different WMI objects.

AmiAction
12-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Nice! I will try.

Any plans to implement access to Active Directory and the possibility to do Ldap query?

Thank you
Best regards

northcode
12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
ActiveDirectory and LDAP queries can be made using JScript and WMI so there are no plans to add additional functionality to support them.