PDA

View Full Version : Can't add sounds to library

Sushubh
05-19-2001, 05:08 AM
I am unable to add sounds to library on my win98 pc while i can do the same on my collegue's win 2000 pc. the files, sounds, version of the software all being same.

Jesse
05-19-2001, 06:29 AM
Is the library greyed out? Make sure you have no more than one FLA open at once... that can cause probs sometimes with the wrong library being opened...

Cheers

Jesse

Sushubh
05-19-2001, 11:02 AM
Nope, everything is normal... Library is perfactly working.
I can import graphics but not sound. and, Infact the win2k system usually has many fla's opened when we import sounds in it.

The problem is occuring on almost 10 win98 pc's. So we have to use the single pc with win2k to import sounds. Sound wierd but its true.

Sushubh. :(

Marx
05-19-2001, 07:33 PM
Hi..
Don't really know but I came across this link:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/wavfiles_in_flash.htm

If thats no good then try altering the search criteria at Macromedia Tech Notes.

Hope that helps

tranterra
05-21-2001, 04:41 PM
When you try to import, do you have a locked layer currently active? If so unlock the active layer and try importing again.

It could also be that your sounds are not saved properly. If they are in .wav format try opening your sounds in Sound Recorder (Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder) and saving them again (File > SaveAs). This changes some of the properties of your sound clip and you should be able to import them.

I had that problem alot and it took me a while to find out what was wrong.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, just let me know.

tranterra

tranterra
05-21-2001, 04:44 PM
I just noticed that the link above to the Macromedia site says to do the same thing as what I said to do. I guess I should click a few links before I add my 2cents. :rolleyes: :)

tranterra

Sushubh
05-30-2001, 02:08 PM
Still looking for answers...

Sushubh ;)