PDA

View Full Version : Published Movie - turns out way diff from flash movie

quidamm
05-19-2001, 05:46 PM
I've created a very simple movie (just 3 words spinning around and ending up together). I'm trying to publish this so I can add it to a web site I'm creating in Dream Weaver. The published/exported movie only shows a portion of the movie I created in Flash and loops continually. I unclicked the the loop toggle in the export properties menu but it still loops non-stop. I don't know what to do about only seeing a portion of the movie. When I go to the test view... it only shows a portion as well? Any ideas?

mgb
05-19-2001, 07:14 PM
Welcome to actionscripts. To stop the movie looping put a stop action in the last frame.
You should try different publish settings to see if you can fix the cropping. Seems like a publish settings issue.

cheers

~mgb

Jesse
05-20-2001, 03:24 AM
Is all the content on the stage (the white area) in the editting environment?

Cheers

Jesse

quidamm
05-22-2001, 05:28 PM
Parts of the words do move off of the stage as they're twirling around. Should I make sure that they're always on the stage?

Jesse
05-23-2001, 01:58 AM
The white stage is the visible area when you publish. Anything off that area wont show up...

Cheers

Jesse

quidamm
05-23-2001, 01:27 PM
I have words that are spinning and the tips of the words end up outside of the white area and don't show up during publishing (which is fine by me) but the first third of the movie which is in the white space doesn't show up. The movie is broken up by a few KeyFrames (in different places in different Layers). I'll double check to make sure the first 1/3 is in the white area but I'm almost positive it is.

mgb
05-23-2001, 05:18 PM
Can you post the publish settings you are using for the html and for flash.?

~mgb

Jesse
05-24-2001, 11:04 AM
Yeah, or post the actual Fla online so we can see it.

Cheers

Jesse