PDA

View Full Version : [CS5] Illustrator -> Flash workflow question

tkraze
02-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I have an illustrator .ai file which contain graphical elements/symbols, and I want to import it into flash. That's pretty straightforward and works fine.

But what if I wanted to make adjustments to the .ai file later on, and make these changes appear in flash? Is there any way to improve the worklow besides re-importing the .ai file again and making ALL adjustments that were made in Flash afterwards again? Ideally Flash should only make a link to the .ai file, and provide an update function as it does for rasterized bitmap files.

I guess the only alternative is to export every symbol from Illustrator individually as pngs, and import those into Flash. At least this way I can update the external files.

Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

mambo4
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Back in the days of CS3, you could just export an .ai file from flash. (File>Export Image)

with CS5, Adobe has deiced to force everybody to buy their new software by adapting the Adobe FXG format for moving assets between adobe products. I don;t know if exporting an image as FXG will preserve the vector data or not.

around my studio we tend to favor CS3 for art production, since it is more compatible with other formats. (and less crashy/buggy)