PDA

View Full Version : Database conectivity in flash

tahir
05-20-2001, 08:46 PM
I've developed an address book in flash. I can add any address in this address book but when I close the swf I lost all the address added in the address book. I want to save the addresses for future usage. Please tell me how can I do this. I want to keep all the address in an external file say in a database of Ms Access. Please remember I'm not very good in Actionscript and other programming languages so tell me an easy way. Thank you

Jesse
05-21-2001, 03:36 AM
This depends on whether the program is running locally (projector on your hard drive/cd) or via the web and a browser.

If it's running locally you would have to create and external application (or buy a 3rd party app) which can accpet values from Flash and enter them into a database. (I don't know of any, but others might).

If it's online it would be easier as you can use a PHP/CGI/ASP/etc script to write to an online database. I guess if you want to make it an Acess DB you would have to use ASP, so you're probably better off going to http://www.aspin.com/ and finding out how to enter data into your access DB there. Once you have a working script which accepts variables, we can show you how to pass them from Flash to your script using GetURL or LoadVariablesNUM and POST/GET.

Cheers

Jesse

keywords: asp database save value

[Edited by Jesse on 05-20-2001 at 10:40 PM]