PDA

View Full Version : [AS2] Fscommand to open pdf crash

nadiag71
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi all.
I have created a CD Rom/DVD with Flash AC 2.0.
This CD basicly call pdf files. I used the fscommand for that.
It all works well on my machine and on other few machines but in my client machine, it just crash / freeze the computer when he try to open a pdf file. It kind of take ages to open the file.
I am not sure if its my script or if it's something to do with the pdf file. I have reduced their size and still the same.
It works fine for me but no for the main person concerned.

I have spend a lot of time now on this trying to find what could cause the crash but without success.

If you have any idea what it could be please let me know!

I thank you.

tacos
03-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Same platform, same OS, same Flash player version?

nadiag71
03-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Can it change depending on these info?
In this case how to make a CD compatible for all these platforms.

northcode
03-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Is the other user running any antivirus software?

Does the other user have the Acrobat Reader inststalled or are they using some other software? Maybe it's not compatible with your PDF files.

What happens if the other user just double clicks on the PDF file? Does it open?

What operating system are you and the other user running? Is it the same?

nadiag71
03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
The client use Vista like me, she has Adobe Acrobat installed on her machine. She doesn't particularly have an antivirus software.
It does open the pdf files but it freeze it first and Adobe is not responding then she has to start again. It took her ages to open the pdf while i can view it in few seconds here.

Please let me know if you have any ideas what it could be.

thanks a lot.

northcode
03-18-2011, 02:47 PM
t does open the pdf files but it freeze it first and Adobe is not responding then she has to start again. It took her ages to open the pdf while i can view it in few seconds here.Does the "freezing" thing only happen when she tries to open the PDF from your app or does it do it even if she just double clicks on the PDF to open it?

nadiag71
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
It happen when she click on a link to open a pdf file from the CD.
I will ask her about opening the pdf directly from the folder.