PDA

View Full Version : [AS3] Store the entered data

tecnoduque
06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey folks, I know this has been already talked a couple of times, but there are so many differents answers in each thread that I still cannot get it right.

I've done 90% of a interactive "survey" or questionnaire wich gonna run as kiosk application locally.

The problem is when it comes to store the already entered data.

I've seen FileReference.save() --> prompts a dialog box wich would look awfull :/
SharedObject ---> small data, and only in caché, i would like to access the data through a network or another application (to process, remember is a survey)
MDM Zinc --> not found proper documentation and seems like I've gotta modifiy my whole script to connect each other.
server side scripting --> I guess I could set up a local server and try to connect to a PHP, still I dont see how this gonna help me since I look forward to get a standalone Projector file wich gonna load on start up

How does other people deal with this?

thanks in advance, sorry about my rusty-english!

northcode
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
What kinds of modifications would you have to make to use Zinc? I make another swf2exe product, SWF Studio (http://www.northcode.com), and the changes you have to make to your app should be pretty mininal.

tecnoduque
06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks NC, I've downloaded the trial version and I'm reading this article
www(.)northcode(.)com/blog.php/2011/05/12/Save-Data-to-a-Local-File-in-Flash

Looks really interesting!

northcode
06-21-2011, 05:55 PM
That will get you started :)

If you have any questions you can find me here or at http://www.northcode.com/forums

tecnoduque
06-24-2011, 06:48 PM
well, to all the people who comes in here to see if they can solve the same problem I had, I advice you to go for this SWF Studio tool, wich is amazing. I've got my data stored in disk, uploaded it through FTP and also gave the users of the kiosk application the posibility of send themself information about the survey to their respective mails. All thanks to this software wich is very complete and intuitive.

good luck coding!