PDA

View Full Version : what is the diffrence between Shockwave flash and flash Cs4?

mena__99
07-04-2011, 12:08 PM
what is the diffrence between Shockwave flash and flash Cs4????:confused::confused::o:o

mena__99
07-04-2011, 12:09 PM
what is shock wave anyway ???

how to make 3d games ((online flash 3d games )) ??

is shockwave is the answer ??

Robbus
07-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Shockwave Flash is what Flash (any version) exports as a SWF file, it's just the name. There is also plain Shockwave which is what Director exports to, just to confuse thing but I doubt anyone bothers with Director anymore so don't worry about it or even start thinking about it in fact!

Summary:
Flash/Flex/Flash Builder publish a Shockwave Flash SWF file.

Cheers,
Rob

Noct
07-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, that's sorta true, but you aren't distinguishing them enough really. Shockwave and Flash are two totally different formats and have seperate players/plug-ins.

Shockwave is the file that Director publishes; I believe it was initially designed for CD delivery, as where SWF (Shock-Wave-Flash), was the flavor for the web and designed to be smaller and faster. Over time Shockwave has evolved into a web plugin as well, but it does still differ from Flash. Also, SWF no longer stands for ShockWave, they have over time changed it to mean "Small Web File" just to clear up any confusion.

I'm no Director/SW expert, but from what I've understood... Flash loads faster, but Shockwave has more versatility. For example, Shockwave can house Flash files, but you can't go the other way.

Flash is also a heck of a lot more prevelant on people's machines. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but way more people have the Flash player installed then SW.

neilmmm
07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Also, SWF no longer stands for ShockWave, they have over time changed it to mean "Small Web File" just to

you learn something everyday

Noct
07-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Hahah, one of the few things I actually remember from college. I got to use it! :)