PDA

View Full Version : Flash and HD video

themonkeyman3
07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Hello ,ppl!
I would like to know how flash handles multiple HD video layers. We're planning a project :
- Flash document size 1920x1080
- In the background will be multiple HD videos(probably StageVideo that I will make show and play at certain events - like transition to the menu category)
- In the center of the screen will be a fancy menu object that consists of a PNG sequence's.(6 sequences)
- And a FLV HD Video in the foreground with alpha(maybe some visual effects).

The question is : Is it possible to make something like this without the users to experience lags?

How would you advice to create this kind of project? Maybe there are some restrictions I don't know or some optimization techniques?

mpelland
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
in my experience, layering videos with alpha channels produces some serious lag.. but stagevideo is supposed to solve a lot of that. it is still fairly new, maybe just create some quick sample videos and layer them and test it out

themonkeyman3
07-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I've already made a quick test. Alpha video itself had no lags, but when I mouse Over the button and start PNG sequence for the first time - it was laggie enougth. But only for the first time - maybe it experinced some sort of PNG buffering.

And another thing - that stage video can only be used as a Mpeg4 h.264 video - without alpha on the bottom layer. And i'm still stuck with a foreground flv alpha video

CyanBlue
07-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Well, then no Stage Video for you... I had the same problem... Generally speaking, Stage Video was faster but I couldn't use it because I had alpha video... :(