PDA

View Full Version : [JOB] Securing my Flash MP3 Player

bassically
08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Brief:

I have created a Flash MP3 player (actionscript 2) however I have realised that the mp3 file is barely secure. I need someone talented in Actionscript to contact me on AIM: james[at]bassically.co.uk (this is not an email address) to discuss the best approach of making the mp3 data more secure whether that be encryption, splitting it into chunks, or any other alternatives.

Many thanks,
Bassically

To be able to post e-mail addresses your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please discuss below then :)

henke37
08-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Trusted client and all that junk. Point is, you are giving the client the data when it asks for it and the client is free to do whatever it feels with it.

Hire a copyright infringement lawyer, that is the real solution.

bassically
08-16-2011, 12:36 PM
I probably haven't got the money for one of those. My website is non-profit. Pretty much in it for the fun :) :(

henke37
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
If you can't afford a lawyer then you have no need for any copyright protection.

bassically
08-16-2011, 12:44 PM
That is such rubbish. I didn't ask for a lawyer in this topic anyway so please leave this to get back on track.

Flash Gordon
08-16-2011, 09:02 PM
option 1: stream your data over https. it wont get cached.
solved. pay me :p

option 2: use a media server like red5 and stream it that way.
solved. pay me.

option 3: you're worried about people seeing the http url. make php fetch the file based upon a token and authentication.
solved. pay me.

option 4: youtube doesn't care. People rip music from youtube all the time. You're pretty much looking to be "Netflix/Amazon". Do you REALLY want to go through the hassle?

p.s. i have no interest in working in AS2. But I wish you the best of luck with the project.

bassically
08-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Can you add me on aim? james[at]bassically.co.uk to discuss payment

Flash Gordon
08-18-2011, 12:05 AM
p.s. i have no interest in working in AS2. But I wish you the best of luck with the project.
I don't want to work on the project and I was kidding about paying me for advice.

Best wishes!

inhan
08-20-2011, 09:23 AM
I would use PHP for that.

tadster
08-22-2011, 01:58 AM
There is absolutely no way to safe guard music without altering the music itself.
If it can be heard, and heard well, it can and will be stolen at the same quality.

You can put "demo" sound clips ( a deep voice saying 'demo' from time to time ) throughout private or sensitive mp3s
( the Envato marketplace does that - audiojungle )

But your strongest option is still a good lawyer.

If you want to stop people from decompiling your swf, contact me, but that won't do any good against mp3/sound theft.

Edit:
Just looked at your site, looks like it will be really good, I actually made a site like that a few years back ( selling rap beats ) imho, your only option is a 'demo man' approach. It is the only sure thing besides expensive round the clock lawyers, and I'm being very serious.

The other thing, well, a swf file does not have to be called .swf. That knowledge mixed with some clever php/server setups, can hide and distort all sensitive file names.