PDA

View Full Version : preloder question

vicky
04-20-2003, 04:07 PM
hi,
I want to do a preloader and are a bit confused. some use different scenes and some place the preloader in the first keyframe. some use a own swf-file for the preloader. I wonder whats the difference? Is one solution better than the other?
:confused:
I really want to know what you think before I decide in what way I do my preloader.
I also wonder if you have to use ifFrameLoaded because all in my mainmovie is in one frame. it must be possible to load the movie without counting the frames.

/vicky

Ricod
04-20-2003, 06:33 PM
It depends. Using scenes can look more neat to some people. Personally, I think scenes are just annoying, since they mess up the timeline and are only adressable from that same timeline. And if it were up to me, there would be no preloaders, but that's just (nearly) impossible right now, unless you're making something really small.

My advice, go with the swf method if you want all your work to have the same preloader, otherwise use the single keyframe method.

vicky
04-21-2003, 10:13 AM
" My advice, go with the swf method if you want all your work to have the same preloader, otherwise use the single keyframe method"
do you know any tutorials about doing the preloaders as an external swf-file?
never done a preloader like that.

/ vicky

farafiro
04-21-2003, 11:44 AM
there a couple of tutorials in the tuts section here in this site

also, Vicky note that all the preloaders do have the same concept, u do have to test and see what's suitable for you when publish it