PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

jakeywestjake
04-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Hello,

i just wondering if anyone could tell how to change the boarder colour of a scroll pane?

I secondly i've got a movie which is my main application, and i have loaded another movie(swf) into it. How do i place a link in the loaded movie, so that i can link to another frame in the main application.

I thought of placing the link behide the loaded movie, but the loaded movie contains a scroll pane, so the object i want to have a link moves when you move the scrollpane up and down.

Anyone got any ideas??

linckx
04-24-2003, 04:07 PM
hi there,

don't know 'bout the scrollpane, never used it, but for the link.

It's a paths question (probably the most asked question here ;))
you can refer to your main movie by using

_root.gotoAndPlay("myFrame");

or something in your loaded movie by using

_root.myTargetClip.gotoAndPlay("myFrame");

friendly greetings,
robin

retrotron
04-26-2003, 02:58 AM
You can easily change the border of a scrollpane with ActionScript.

All components are skinned. The colors you see can be replaced with your own skins if you want to use the myComponent.registerSkinElement( ) method.

If you don't want to create your own skins, MX provides you with the ability to change the colors with ActionScript via the StyleFormat object. The StyleFormat object has a whole host of properties you can change (like border, darkshadow, etc). They are listed in the ActionScript dictionary under FStyleFormat. For example, to change the color of the scrollbar arrows to blue you could use this code:

myFormat = new StyleFormat(); // create a new StyleFormat instance
myFormat.arrow = 0x0000FF; // change the property of "arrow" to blue
myFormat.applyChanges(); // apply the changes

You won't see the changes in the authoring environment, but when you test the movie, you'll see them.

You can also change all the styles at once with the globalStyleFormat object. It works similarly to the StyleFormat object, except you needn't instantiate a new instance or apply the changes (although you of course can do this if you like). You could simply use this code to do the same thing we did above:

globalStyleFormat.arrow = 0x0000FF;

Be sure to check this out for more info:
http://css2.mcad.edu/help/flashmx/flash/html/15_components43.html

retrotron