someVar = today.getDay()
trace(someVar)
I get undefine...

anyone know why?....

CyanBlue
05-05-2003, 06:23 AM
Well... When I try thistoday = new Date();
someVar = today.getDay()
trace(someVar)I get '1' for monday fine...
Why don't you upload the sample so that I can take a look at it???
How's that project coming along??? Isn't today the due day??? :)

boyzdynasty
05-05-2003, 06:30 AM
have you ever use the calendar component from the MM?
I'm really gonna get an ass whippin'....almost deadline

the handler contains the following code...well...an abstract of it...
var dates = myCalendar.getSelectedItem();

searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay();

trace(dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay());

trace(seacrchDate);

// first trace is fine
// 2nd trace is undefine...i dont' get it...*sigh*

CyanBlue
05-05-2003, 06:46 AM
Hehe... You have typo error and I ain't telling you where it is... :pfunction getSearchDate(component)
{
dates = component.getSelectedItem();
theMonth = dates.getMonth() + 1;
theDate = dates.getDate();
theYear = dates.getFullYear();
theDay = dates.getDay();
searchDate = "" + theMonth + "/" + theDate + "/" + theYear + " - " + theDay;
trace(theMonth + "/" + theDate + "/" + theYear + " - " + theDay);
trace(searchDate);
}
myCalendar.setChangeHandler("getSearchDate");

boyzdynasty
05-05-2003, 06:48 AM
where? :(

are you looking at the file i sent you or the post...?

CyanBlue
05-05-2003, 06:51 AM
Nope.. I haven't got the file yet, but you might want to open your eyes wider... :p

trace(seacrchDate);
trace(searchDate);

One more thing... I think you are looking for getSelectedItems() function not getSelectedItem() function right??? I mean the one for the multiple selections... ;)

boyzdynasty
05-05-2003, 06:53 AM
cyan...this is crazy...i spent over an hour...trying to fig. it out.

how did you spot that so fast!!!!!

Thanx. Now I can move on to my other errors. :D

CyanBlue
05-05-2003, 07:07 AM
Well... I've spent good 5 minutes to fire up Flash and paste your code... It didn't work... What da hell???
So, this is what I did... I commented out the each steps to show you how I debugged this one...searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay();
trace(dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay());
trace(seacrchDate);Well... It didn't make much sense to me... So, next step...//searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay();
searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth();
trace(seacrchDate);It didn't work either...//searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay();
//searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth();
searchDate = dates[n].getMonth();
trace(seacrchDate);Dang???//searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay();
//searchDate = dates[n].getMonth();
searchDate = "dates[n].getMonth()";
trace(seacrchDate);Still undefined??? Is it one of those boyzdynasty's tricky thing again??? Hm... Maybe I shoudl go kick his butt first...//searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay();
//searchDate = "dates[n].getMonth()";
searchThis = "dates[n].getMonth()";
//trace(seacrchDate);
trace(searchThis);Wha??? Why does this work when the one right before didn't work??? Hm... Wait a minute...//searchDate = ""+ dates[n].getMonth() +"/"+ dates[n].getDate() +"/"+ dates[n].getFullYear() +" - "+ dates[n].getDay();
//searchDate = "dates[n].getMonth()";
//searchThis = "dates[n].getMonth()";
searchDate = dates[n].getMonth();
//trace(seacrchDate);
//trace(searchThis);
trace(searchDate);Dang!!! :p

boyzdynasty
05-05-2003, 11:27 PM
I really appreciate the effort.
I felt so all alone last night. Trying to meet the deadline...and so many parts to continue implementing.

*sigh*

I was so relieved when you were on. :D
thanx!!

I didn't sleep at all last night and I still didn't sleep yet.
Got to school try add finishing touches and documentation w/ the group and we found out that we didn't have to present our stuff today.

Only one group presented there project and others will be doing it this friday.
I'm gonna continue working on it tonight and tomorrow.

The group that presented there stuff really blew everyone away the way they set up there schedule system.
That was the part my group lacked.

Everything else seems to be fine.

CyanBlue
05-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Ha... So, you have four more days to stay up all night??? Good for you... :D

When the presentation is over do you guys put the project online or not??? I'd love to see what the outcome was for all the groups if possible... ;)

Well... You pretty much know where I am and when I am on, right??? :D

boyzdynasty
05-06-2003, 12:30 AM
i have a final on friday and 6 chapters to read...so I can't spend all four days on this project.... :(

if you go here...a forum I had set up http://eskills.cis.temple.edu .... xXLM is a member...hehe...he's know as "The Crazy Doc"

you can go here.... http://eskills.cis.temple.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125#125

to view the stuff we have....

if you view the last 3 post.... you'll get some details on how to login in and stuff....blah blah blah... it's not all that.... still got kinks to work out.

I don't have a link to the other groups...since they are stingy *hehe*

CyanBlue
05-06-2003, 03:17 AM
Hm... Interesting place you got there... ;) Although, I wasn't able to see the project because I didn't have the login information...

The Crazy Doc??? :D

Hm... Don't know why, but you kinda brought me up the thought that I had in my mind for a while... I have no CIS or CS educational background, but I was thinking of getting my BS or MS one day... Maybe I should seek that path now??? But then, the degree is not that of an importance since I've got my MFA already... Maybe just learning it one by one all by myself will suffice my desire... Hm... Gotta think some more... ;)

boyzdynasty
05-06-2003, 04:09 PM
login info... read a couple of the post before the last post.

there is a link that has some account information. Use those to login.

the 'ssn' is the userName

-----------

MFA?

To be honest...the field of Computer Science...
Well...if you got the basics down, you can teach yourself.

I barely go to any of my computer classes. And a lot of stuff, I learn on my own anyways.
For example PHP and FLASH, is not taught here. But I got books that I use and of course AS.org to help me out.

But ... the upside in gettig a college degree is that it looks good on your resume :rolleyes:

I do have long term plans to go for a master and a PHD... not in computer science but in Management Information Science. What to have more of a business background as well as keeping in tune with technology. Actually, I am a double major in CIS and Accounting. I was suppose to graduate this May but I chose to pick up Accounting last year as a second major.

CyanBlue
05-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Well...if you got the basics down, you can teach yourself.Yup... True that... ;) But the thing is that sometimes you need a title when you are knocking on other company for something... and it doesn't really make sence to the company whether I know how much, but they do recognize MS in my resume... Know what I mean??? ;)

What I am thinking is... Since I know some stuff regarding CS major, why not take some of the high level classes and get the second BS first and see if I like it or not... (Whether I like to study at school or not to be precisely... I love learning stuff, no doubt about it... :))

Well... This ain't going to happen in a quick pace... I'll have to make some money to pay for the tuition first... :)

But the, I'll just study at home, and try to get some certifications rather than going back to school... Don't know yet... ;)

CIS and Accounting??? Dang... I hate that math stuff and $$$ signs... Good luck... However, MIS is a good place where you can balance things in your life, I believe... ;)

boyzdynasty
05-08-2003, 12:17 AM
tuitiion is A LOT :(.... but of course you can apply for financial aid... and when you do your taxes... you'll get a few thousands back :) b/c you are over 25 and married.

CyanBlue
05-08-2003, 04:19 AM
Tax??? What tax??? What is tax??? :confused:

Did you forget that I have no job??? :mad:

Financial aid??? Um... I am not eligible for that cuz I don't belong here... So, I gotta pay for my own...