PDA

View Full Version : Deadline!scrollPane not masking .swf properly

kdwoell
05-07-2003, 01:53 AM
Aw man.

I have read a lot of forum msgs, and not just here. Somebody help me.

Does scrollPane work? I load a swf using frame scripts as follows:

//frame 1
Stop();
_root.createEmptyMovieClip("movieHolder",0)
_root.movieHolder._x=0
_root.movieHolder._y=0
//feeble attempt to fix masking problem
//_root.moveHolder(scrollPaneMask);
//loads some eyecandy, which I dump later in frame 5
_root.movieHolder.loadMovie("media/flash/discoveries/discoveries_splash.swf");

trace("loads the discoveries splash");

-----------------------------------------------------------

//frame 5 of main timeline
stop();
trace("brown dwarf frame")
_root.movieHolder.loadMovie("media/flash/discoveries/brown_dwarf/brown_dwarf.swf");

_root.scrollpane.setScrollContent(_root.movieHolde r);

scrollpane.refreshPane();
//

Why is the scrollPane not masking the .swf properly? The .swf is a combination of STATIC text (Verdana) and a couple of graphics. Whats the prob. Make it go. so little sleep.

kdwoell
05-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Oh, and to make matters worse. The brown_dwarf.swf is 800 pixels in height, while my parent window is only 300px high. However, I can only scroll a few pixels up or down. In other words the Vtab can only travel that far up/down before reaching top or bottom. Its as if the scrollPane thinks the dwarf.swf is only 20 px larger in height than the parent movie window.

I can see the scroll bars if I move the movie to the left a little. So at least they are there.

yorkeylady
05-15-2003, 11:06 PM
If you have a website post the file on the web so we can download it.

JHallam
05-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Ok, I think the problem is that you need the file your setting as scrolpane needs to actually be inside the movie in the linkage or as linkage.

Don't quote me on that..

upload the file dude

kdwoell
05-15-2003, 11:28 PM
File 1 of 2

Well here is the source code. Uhmm. Its all designed to work on a live server (where I was testing/developing) so the navigation does not work like it should. I guess I'm looking for feedback on the attempt to implement the scrollPane in the dynamically loaded movie.

Just to be fair, I can't take credit for the menu system. I modified it from some code I saw on a forum. After all this work is non-commercial.

kdwoell
05-15-2003, 11:32 PM
file 2 of 2. sorry

CyanBlue
05-15-2003, 11:43 PM
What about loadScrollContent() function instead of loadMovie() function on frame 10 of the main timline??? You will need to do the proper position adjustment though... ;)stop();
trace("brown dwarf frame")
//_root.movieHolder.loadMovie("media/flash/discoveries/brown_dwarf/brown_dwarf.swf");
//_root.scrollpane.loadScrollContent(_root.movieHold er);
//_root.scrollpane.loadScrollContent("media/flash/discoveries/brown_dwarf/brown_dwarf.swf");
//_root.scrollpane.setScrollContent(_root.movieHolde r);
_root.scrollpane.loadScrollContent("media/flash/discoveries/brown_dwarf/brown_dwarf.swf");
scrollpane.refreshPane();
_root.scrollPane.setScrollPosition(0,0);
_root.scrollPane.swapDepths(2);Oh... You can delete the unnecessay post via 'Edit/Delete' button right below that specific post... ;)

kdwoell
05-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Interestingly enough ATH, your suggestion was something I tried from the outright. Guess what. If you try to use loadScrollContent() function by loading the SWF directly that somehow causes the main menu to not work anymore. I'm refering to the main menu of the parent movie, "discoveries.swf".
If I first load an empty movie clip with the "brown_dwarf.sfw", then the menu works ok, but I have the problems of the scrollPane aforementioned.

CyanBlue
05-16-2003, 01:47 PM
somehow causes the main menu to not work anymoreCan you define this some more??? I think it does work... Just the problem is that the second menu asks for the transit.swf second time...

kdwoell
05-16-2003, 02:09 PM
You mean you think its loading "brown_dwarf.swf" a second time on frame 10 of the parent timeline. "Transit.swf" is something I want to load in frame 15 of the parent time-line. Not being anal, just making sure you/I on the same page.

When I say the menu breaks down, I mean the second menu item from the top no longer highlights as the others do AND does not seem to advance the play head to frame 10 anymore. The first menu item, which loads "cmb.swf" does work as long as I use this code (benefit of those who did not download the fla).

stop();
trace("cmb frame")
_root.movieHolder.loadMovie("media/flash/discoveries/cmb/cmb.swf");
//_root.scrollpane.loadScrollContent(_root.movieHold er);
_root.scrollpane.setScrollContent(_root.movieHolde r);
scrollPane.refreshPane();
_root.scrollPane.setScrollPosition(0,0);
_root.scrollPane.swapDepths(2);

Vexing. Why would the manner in which a child scrollPane is instantiated affect the hitTest of an independent parent MC containing a menu system?