PDA

View Full Version : Launcing Pdf Files From A Swf File In A Director Projector!!

nicknametaken
05-10-2003, 02:24 PM
OK..I have read a lot of other posts about pdf docs...but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it this way. I am creating a flash file in flash mx. I have buttons that I want to link to pdf files. I will then take this flash file and import it into director mx and will use this as a part of a projector file that I am going to use for a cdrom that will need to play on pc and macs. I am working on a mac. What is the best way to do this?

I have started to do the whole actionscript thang where you put the fscomomand in flash :

on (press) {

fscommand("exec", "pdfscript");

}

And then you create a script in script editor:

tell application "Finder"
activate
select file "BoardDirLeaders.pdf" of disk "NCHTESTING"
open selection
end tell

I then place the script in a folder called fscommand. The problem with this is that it will only launch pdf's if i export projector's from flash and not swfs. Even then it asks the user to run the script instead of just launcding the pdfs//////

I need to export a swf file and then import it to a director movie to then be exported out as a projector. I cannot import projectors in director. I then need this to work on mac and pc's

Any advice?

CyanBlue
05-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Howdy and Welcome... ;)

What about using PDFXtra in Director and manage PDF file in Director directly??? What's the point of dealing this in the Flash??? ;)

nicknametaken
05-10-2003, 02:59 PM
I am using flash..because I don't know lingo and I am really good in flash.. that way i have control over the rollover actions and the look of it.
How do I use the pdfxtra file?

CyanBlue
05-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Well... You can go here (http://www.integrationnewmedia.com/products/pdfdirector/getting-started/) and check out what they have... ;)

That should give you good starting point...

Oh... Please do not crosspost... It is considered real bad!!! :mad:

nicknametaken
05-10-2003, 03:31 PM
well...i would rather try and do it the way i have posted, using flash and director...so if anyone else has any advice...

CyanBlue
05-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Well... I guess I won't be of much help... I hope someone else can help you... ;) But I still think that PDFXtra would be easier way to solve it... :)

nicknametaken
05-10-2003, 03:46 PM
thanks for you tip cyan...i have just been running in circles with this and trying it so many different ways...i wan to try and nail it down using one technique...but you never know
cheers

farafiro
05-11-2003, 02:10 PM
donno about director, but as MX released there is a security issue for using the exec,
u can use it only from a projector (*.exe) to open another projector (*.exe) which in a folder called "fscommand", that is in the same folder with your projector
so, it's better to use the getURL() or a third party pro.

nicknametaken
05-11-2003, 02:30 PM
get url? How will I be able to use this? I just need to open pdf's from a folder on the cd and i don't want to launch a browser. What about if i use flash 5?

farafiro
05-11-2003, 08:25 PM
nuhhhhhhhhhh, the getURL() will launch the browser, so I recommend u to search here for a third party programe

nightwarrior
10-13-2004, 09:49 PM
hi i import a pdf file to my director project but i have a problem how can i scrool pdf i can i add scroll buton?

farafiro
10-14-2004, 08:29 AM
nightwarrior
welcome to the forums

if u r after MX2004,import it to Flash directly