View Full Version : Open projector (exe) after unziped by winzip self extractor
05-14-2003, 03:55 PM
I have a projector file. I zipped the file and made a self extractor. But i dont know how to set a configuration in WINZIP SELFEXTRACTOR to make the projector automatically open afetr the unzip process.
If theres another alternative...please let me know.
05-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Clicked on Help and found this one out... This might be the one you are looking for???WinZip Self-Extractor 2.2
WinZip Self-Extractor Personal Edition is included with WinZip®, under the terms of the WinZip License Agreement. WinZip Self-Extractor 2.2, a $49 add-on to WinZip, includes the following features not available in the Personal Edition:
· Features to automate and customize software installation, such as the ability to specify an icon and text for the main self-extractor dialog box, and to delete temporary files after running a setup program. It includes support for the InstallShield 3.0 SETUP program.
· Ability to run a command when the unzip operation completes.
· Self-extracting files can be created from the command line.
· All versions can be created with English or German messages.
· Ability to automatically extract files when the EXE file is run.
· A Wizard to simplify the process of building self-extracting files.
Copyright © 1991-2000 by WinZip Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.
you can do it even with winRar without ad-on and winrar makes ZIP files to.
Found this in WINRAR 3.00 help - SFX Commands: script sample
The script below sets the dialog title to "Calculator 3.05", changes text displayed in the dialog, sets the default extraction path to "Program Files\Calculator", enables overwriting of the already existing files and executes setup.exe after extracting all files.
Calculator is shareware. Anyone may use this
software during a test period of 40 days.
Following this test period or less, if you wish
to continue to use Calculator, you MUST register.
vBulletin® v3.8.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.