PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Positioning

jbrmg
06-01-2001, 05:27 PM
I'm building a Flash front page, and would like it to scale to the browser window size, which I understand how to do. Problem is, I have a graphic that I would like to stay at 0,0 and run down the left side of the movie. When I expand the movie, however, the graphic scales but is bumped off the left side of the page, so a margin appears.

Is there a way to keep a graphic symbol left justified even when scaling? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JB

Jesse
06-02-2001, 04:40 AM
That's determined by the layout of your flash in the html really... basically you can just make sure that the FLash file itself is left justified.

jbrmg
06-02-2001, 05:10 AM
Hmmm...if you come back to this post, maybe you can take another look at this Jesse.

So far I have a movie set at the default size. I've placed it in the html page with all margins set to 0, and have scaled it to 100%. I tested this using a white bg on the html page and a black bg on the Flash movie. When I scale, the entire page remains black (so the Flash movie is scaling properly, yes?)...however, the left justified images in the Flash movie get bumped all over the place. That's where I'm having the problem.

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for the patience...I appreciate it!

Take care,
JB

Jesse
06-02-2001, 07:21 AM
What is your Scale dropdown set to in Publish Settings? (Ctrl Shift Alt F12). Setting it to default should result in the movie scaling such that the visible area is limited to the stage... other settings can result in distortion or allowing extra bits of the stage to be viisble.

jbrmg
06-02-2001, 02:32 PM
Yep, the scale property is set to default. I'll keep plugging away at this...it's bugging me now, so I've got to figure it out! Again, thanks for your input.

JB

Jesse
06-03-2001, 06:45 AM
Can you post a URL so we can see it?