PDA

View Full Version : new idea

icewater1
05-29-2003, 10:38 PM
ok, what if we had a community project, something just for fun that would allow us all to try our hands at a group AS venture.
nobody knows where it could end up, but I think it'll be fun to see what comes out of it. I guess i should probably explain my rantings now...
Ok here goes...
Say for instance i post an .fla using my knowledge of flash and AS and then one of you gets bored and decides to down it and add something to it, while attempting to remain with the started theme... then repost the new .fla... after some time i'm sure it would be interesting to look back at what the first post was then compare it to the last... anyway, these are the thoughts i have as i sit in front of my puter... :D

icewater

icewater1
05-30-2003, 01:23 AM
ok, so it won't work because of the file size restriction within the posts.

CyanBlue
05-30-2003, 12:32 PM
This is what I think...

To create a program, let's say that it is a web application that does get some information out of the one of those web services just for the argument sake, you will need to have a thorough plan before you even start putting your finger on to the keyboard...

That example, won't really require big steps to accomplish it, but there are several littles steps involved in...
I don't know how we can do this sort of relay programming without keep checking the to do list and schedules... I think it will be hard for somebody to pickup a file and do the modification on it, and have another person do the different task... Every people have different programming style and habits... It won't be that easy to just pick it up and update on top of it...

I see that I am quite babbling... :D (Need some more coffee, I guess...)

What about a website??? I think it will be abit easier to do the project with the website as long as it is not too complicated and dynamic... Let's just say that we need to create a website for a customer who happen to be a florist for example...

To do the project, I think we need to discuss what is needed to create the florist's website, and make a schematic of how we are going to approach this, and what is needed to do this and such... and DOCUMENT it before we start this...

In the beginning, there's gotta be people who create some site mockup screens, and we vote on those selections, and once we figure out which one we like, we can go on from there...

At that stage, we could really use that documented to do list or schedule...

Have person1 start on the item 1 for example, and when done, s/he can upload the sample, and show us what we think... and ask who is going to take over the to do list item 2... This should be real important to ask this to avoid possible multiple copies... If s/he just upload the source, and two people start working on the item 2, then we'll end up with several 100 websites after all, and we don't want that... So, let's say that person2 says he's going to do it, and send the file DIRECTLY to person2 from person1... and when person2 is done with what he is supposed to do, then do the same till we get what we planned...

Well... If we need some help on the backend side or database side, that should be done the same as I have said...

That's what I think... What do you think??? :D

pom
05-30-2003, 12:53 PM
You could always do a code "cadavre exquis". We did that once with the old Bit101 and I must say it's loads of fun :)

CyanBlue
05-30-2003, 01:12 PM
cadavre exquis??? What's that??? :confused:

pom
05-30-2003, 01:35 PM
Litterally "exquisite dead body". You write a few lines of code, then someone adds a few, and so on and so forth...

http://www.bit-101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329

CyanBlue
05-30-2003, 01:45 PM
Ouch... That's gotta hurt... :D

Looks fun thing to do though... ;)

subquark
05-30-2003, 04:52 PM
how about developing the ultimate button code, can load swfs, mcs, go to the moon, whatever?

of course, this seems to be my pet peeve . . .

icewater1
05-31-2003, 01:22 AM
I love your idea.... think we could set up some free homepage type site strictly for the forum usage, only give access to the current person working on the site and the change pword info for the next person to carry on? Ofcourse this would need to occur after the planning stages have taken place and an idea has been born.... to have a community-based construction of this type could almost be lucrative if it turned out as interesting as it seems to me.... and I having even started drinking yet.

icewater

CyanBlue
05-31-2003, 01:36 AM
Yeah... I don't see why not... ;)

As long as we have some spare time, (speaking of the time, there should be time limitation as well for one person), do something valuable or constructive...

At the worst case, if you and me start this, we could at least have one website that we can put ourselves... Of course, the more people, the better, and the messier... :D

Planning first and make it good, and then we can think about something else...

farafiro
06-01-2003, 12:33 PM
ahhhh, I think that's why the "Just for the kick of challenge" was made up.

Also we/anyone can start one like bit's here ;)