PDA

View Full Version : What is Remoting and what are the difference with Connection Data / Communication

xxlm
06-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Ok, all I want to know is on the title... lol

Yeah, I wanna know the difference between remoting, communication and Data Connection.

Even if you don't know the other product, could you pls, tell me what EXACTLY remoting is made for and what can I do with.

Why, cause I wanna make a online RPG game, but I don't know wich product to use.

So pls, if you can help me.

Thx Mate :)

yorkeylady
06-10-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm still trying to set my system up. From what little I've read the data is sent in a form that requires less processing.

This site has tutorials you should check into.

What is Flash Remoting?
Flash Remoting is a Flash MX specific feature which allows you to execute Remote Procedural Calls (RPCs) via Flash MX and transfer serialized, type-persistent objects directly between the server and a Flash MX client.
In more simple terms, Flash Remoting allows your Flash MX movie to exchanged typed data directly with a server-side language, allowing for increased and more easy integration between the front-end and backend of your site. For example, you can send an array from your server-side language into Flash as an array, instead of as an XML object or a String representing an array (which you process within Flash to turn back into an actual, Flash readable array).
The major use for Flash Remoting is in creating Rich Internet Applications (RIAs). In other words, using Flash not just as an animation tool, or even a jazzy HTML interface, but as the GUI and client for a full-scale, service providing, Internet application.

xxlm
06-10-2003, 09:17 PM
OK thx for the answer...
I like hearing this: BINARY DATA
It's exactly what I'm looking for.

If you can redirect me on some good tuts... I will be pls.

Thx mate!