PDA

View Full Version : drop down menu

z1ppy
06-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Hi all! I am trying to make a drop down menu where u simply roll over the button and the sub menu appears beneath containing several more buttons. At the moment I have the each main menu item and its respective sub menu in a MC. the sub menu appears with on(rollOver) and dissapears with on(rollOut) - of the main MC. But because of this there are layered buttons and the sub menu buttons are not registering clicks because they are contained in the MC which has mouse actions assigned to it.

Im sorry I might not have explained it very well. Any help would be much muchly muchly appreciated :D :D

bluegel
06-10-2003, 01:31 PM
hey I kinda get what you mean.

can you post a sample fla, it will make life so much simpler.

thanx

jesperrau
06-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Hi there

I made this a long time ago, but it still works fine. Actualy the menu itself is only 14 kb. swf

note:
I deleted the infomovie cause it was for another site, this may cause a warning in flash. But U will get an idea of how i did it.

Hope it helps

----------------------------------------------------
darn ! just found out that i cant get the file posted, (to big) but i can email it to you ?.....

z1ppy
06-10-2003, 05:22 PM
ok Ive attached a sample file - Ive only had a stab at the first button. I really appreciate ur help

jesperrau, that would be great - email it here ([email protected])

Thanks for the replies
:) :)

i dont think i have ever remembered to attach the file first time! whats wrong with me lol

fla zip (http://www.factory4.co.uk/dropdown.zip)