PDA

View Full Version : event sound between scenes

larussell
07-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Hello Flash Experts:

OBJECTIVE: I want the movie sound to stop throughout all scenes when the user tells it to do so and the sound to play throughout all scenes when the user tells it to do so, but I want a toggle on off button present in each scene so the user can control this if so desired when so desired and the user doesn't have to go to another scene just to turn the sound on or off.

Here is movie/website I am referring to:
http://www.flowersofthedesert.net

PROBLEM and BACKGROUND: I have 8 scenes within one big movie. The sound automatically plays when the movie is loaded, which is what I want, however I want the user to be able to turn off the sound if so desired, so I have a movie clip controlling the sound with 2 toggle buttons inside (one on state, one off state). When the user stops the sound, the sound does stop, but when the user goes to another scene, the sound plays again. Again, I want the sound to stay stopped universally when the user tells it so.

Does anyone out there know if I can control the sound globally in every scene or what the code might be? Anyone? Buehler? help...

Thank you,
lar

farafiro
07-06-2003, 07:22 AM
you should call it by action script if u want it so
likemySoundObject.attachSound("soundID")
mySoundObject.play(0,999)

larussell
07-24-2003, 02:56 AM
Thank you Farafiro:

Getting back to you late ..... however, just tried your suggestion and I still have the same problem. I want the sound to stop on all pages (which are all separate scenes) if I have chosen on any given page to stop it and keep it stopped throughout the movie. So, for example, if I, as a user, have looked around on the home and history page, then decide the music is annoying and want to turn it off, I can click the sound on/off button to the off state and then move through the pages with the sound off. Right now, when I click the sound off on a page, then move to another page, the sound starts back up again. Here is the url again:

http://www.flowersofthedesert.net

I think I need an if/then statement? Do you know any action scripting for this? Again, THANK YOU so much for your reply.

Sincerely,
larussell :confused:

fgf
07-24-2003, 05:28 AM
Don't use scences. Ever.

If you are running the sound through action script you'll have to remove all sounds on the time line otherwise they'll just start playing when the playhead moves to a frame with sound in it.

fgf

larussell
07-24-2003, 07:42 PM
I was afraid someone would say that about scenes...ok thanks.
lar