PDA

View Full Version : Anybody...I'm desperate.

Braille
06-09-2001, 11:38 PM
I have an SWF file and I desperately need to be able to change the window parameter in the GetURL action so that it targets an html frame called dynamic.

All I have is the SWF file though, so if someone could please explain to me how I can do this, you'd be saving the day for me.

I'm new to Flash so make sure a newbie could understand. Thank you!! :)

Dave

Jesse
06-10-2001, 05:12 AM
SWF files aren't source files. You can't edit them in Flash. Period. You have to have the source file which is the FLA file. GetURL properties are encoded in plain text in the SWF file though so if you know the URL it's calling you could probably edit the SWF with a text editor and change the window property, but only if the link has been defined with a window property in the first place. If the link has been defined with no window property, there will be no entry to change.

Braille
06-10-2001, 06:51 AM
Okay, so I opened the SWF file in Notepad. I located a part of the code that has "_self" in it. That means that the window parameter has been designated, right?

So I deleted "_self" and typed in "dynamic" (the name of the html frame I want to target).

I re-saved it as a different SWF file. When I loaded my html document, the object was blank.

Did I go about this wrong?

Jesse
06-11-2001, 08:25 AM
Can't help. You did it the right way but like I said, SWF files aren't made to be editted. Maybe it's designed to self-destruct if someone fiddles (like CRC check or something).