PDA

View Full Version : open files from their default applications in flash 5

koskats
06-11-2001, 09:46 AM
I am trying to create a swf which will open different kinds of files from their default applications (word,excel). I have followed the online tutorial (made for flash 4) but it does not seem to work at all. The full command I use attache dto a button is:

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "defaultapp" & Chr (9) & "xxxx.xls");
}
to open an excel file. What is wrong? Can anyone help please?

Thanx to everybody in advance!

Jesse
06-12-2001, 04:27 AM
Have you got the default app exe on your system? It used to come with the tutorial but the author asked us to link his site instead and since then his site has shut down and as a result we haven't got a copy of the defaultapp.exe which is what you need to make that process work correctly...
Perhaps try http://www.flashkit.com as they have the same tutorial (from memory).

koskats
06-12-2001, 09:59 AM
Thanx a lot Jesse!!!

The site you've mentioned is indeed offline. However, I have found another solution by calling the excel file through Internet Exploiter ;-) using the "get url" command. Two problems now (sorry):
1. Everytime I calculate something in my excel file I get a 'save-cancel' pop-up by the explorer. It's really annoying.
2. I loose the fullscreen mode while I am viewing the excel file and I get it back only when I return to the flash player by quiting the explorer. I know how to open an explorer window in fullscreen via flash player, but it always leaves another smaller window open after I quit the fullscreen.

I think you will ban me from the forum sooner or later...
:-)

Thanx again!