PDA

View Full Version : Play streaming sound during a animation

hpcrazy
06-12-2001, 08:54 AM
Is it possible to load and play ( simultanly )a sound and having an animation runing beside?

thanks for your help

hpcrazy

http://www.hpcrazy.com

Jesse
06-12-2001, 10:28 AM
flash allows you to import sound files (Ctrl R) and you can add them to the stage and select 'stream' as the play mode if you wish for them to stream in real time.

hpcrazy
06-12-2001, 10:53 AM
This is exacly what I did with a little testfilm and sound.

http://www.hpcrazy.com/test/piano.htm

I set the soundfile on streaming, but the sound starts to play quite late, though the file is only 136 KB big.

Then the question might be, how long does it take to start the streamingsound? Or is it possible to controll the starting of the sound in relation the the bytes downloaded....in the actionscript?

Thanks for your help

hpcrazy

Jesse
06-12-2001, 11:37 AM
You can set the sound buffer time (I forget the syntax) but it's probably due to downstream problems. A lot of people can't stream a 136Kb file quickly. Try using a small preloader.

hpcrazy
06-12-2001, 11:55 AM
I saw some pages where the webmasters managed that problem, but the sound often is interrupted or has some poping in it. Probably the only real ( ! ) solution is working with a preloader.....as you are saying. What do you think, will that will be one of the features of flash 6....in the future, that real streaming media will work in flash?

Greetings

hpcrazy

Jesse
06-12-2001, 03:16 PM
hehe you can add it to your wishlist. I've seen sites which use streaming audio effectively but generally they are low end presentations. You can't allow for great quality audio or animation if you're trying to stream with no bufferring over a 56k

hpcrazy
06-13-2001, 07:12 AM
Well that is the question anyway, how things in the net will change, wenn the modems get to a higher speed. You can allready have satellite connections with about 500 KB/S.....Well with this speed you can make really groovy things on the internet. HE HE.......

But im sure that flash 6 will have better tools for audio probably video as well........keep on waiting.

greetings

hpcrazy