PDA

View Full Version : Transparent Images in Flash?!

Elm
06-13-2001, 08:36 PM
Photoshop is a program that I have grown to love and became quite proficient at using...
Then I began to dabble in Flash I realized how dependent I have grown to my Photoshop skills.
Is it possible to setup Images in Photoshop and import them into Flash....Without the background color?
I started with saving an image in bitmap form and importing it (with background color)to then edit it within flash...But there has to be an easier way!
Can someone offer some information.
Thanks, Elm

Strok
06-13-2001, 09:06 PM
You can save your images as a PSD format
Open PSD format in Macromedia Fireworks and save it in SWF format
After that you can import your SWF file into a FLASH and you will get a clin-smallsize image.
Hope it helps

EyeDesign
06-14-2001, 06:21 PM
You can also, save your Photoshop work in the .png format. It supports a transparent background. Then import it into Flash.
Not sure which Flash version you are using, but Flash 5 supports the .png format.

Hope this helps.

[Edited by EyeDesign on 06-14-2001 at 01:36 PM]

Jesse
06-15-2001, 05:29 AM
checkout the great tutorial at http://www.phong.com on png transparency.

matt poole
06-17-2001, 06:31 PM
When opening a new file in photoshop select background colour transparent... after when you save for web, choose gif and check the transparency box. This will import into flash without the background colour.

Obviously gifs arn't great for photographic work, but Ive found them fine for other stuff when wanting to preserve transparecy from photoshop...