PDA

View Full Version : problem loading swf into main movie

Sephiroth
06-13-2001, 10:49 PM
hi guys..

i have a directory structure on my webpage like images, scripts, etc.

i am having problem loading the swf into the main movie.swf

i have the flash file under images/flash/header.swf

the header.swf loads another .swf into its level 1.

both flash file are in the same directory.

my problem is that the header.swf loads fine..but it wont load the second movie.swf into level 1.

my code for the header.swf to load is :

loadMovieNum ("movie.swf", 1);

if i go the directory and click the header.swf..it plays and loads the movie.swf... it just wont work on the server

i use personal web server on my machine to test..not working either..but on a normal html page with just the simple code..it works fine...

does the structuring have a problem with the load movie command?

here is the summary structure:

root folder:

test.html

images/flash/ folder

header.swf
movie.swf

so the html is not in the same folder as the flash file..
the html pulls from other directory..

[Edited by Sephiroth on 06-13-2001 at 06:10 PM]

Jesse
06-14-2001, 05:29 AM
try:
loadMovieNum ("./movie.swf", 1);
Failing that, you may have to use absolute paths, this is a common issue and I've never seen a proper explaination of why it happens.

Sephiroth
06-26-2001, 06:24 PM
ya.. absolute seems to work... but this effect some of my actionscript coding...etc..

:(

Jesse
06-27-2001, 12:21 PM
I can't provide an adequate answer for this one. I myself don't really understand why absolutes work sometimes and not others... you can actually construct a relative-absolute path in a wierd way if you're really desperate. if you use this code:
myURL=_url
it will make a variable with the path to the movie, then you can fiddle with it to extract the URL and directory part only, then concatenate file names onto that bit to make an absolute-yet-relative path.... just an idea.