PDA

View Full Version : Best Vector conversion tool ?

chicoP
07-28-2003, 10:28 AM
What is the best tool to convert bitmaps to vectors ?

fgf
07-28-2003, 11:08 AM
I normally just use flash but my graphicy cohorts say freehand is way better.

fgf

sho shinjo
07-28-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by fgf
I normally just use flash but my graphicy cohorts say freehand is way better.

fgf

Yes, because of the macromedia family brand, and you do not get to many hick-ups when you copy and paste from FH to Flash or Flash to FH. I prefer to use Adobe Illustrator; I am just comfortable with it. :D

Warrior
07-29-2003, 03:07 AM
How can you convert Bitmap into Vector? Do you draw over the picture or there any other way :)

farafiro
07-29-2003, 03:16 AM
I think Phtoshop 7 does that too

warrior
this process is called TRACE bmp (same like Flash :p)
there are a seperate programs for that:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/bitmaptovector/
http://www.prepressure.com/image/bitmapvector.htm

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/27aa2.htm

Warrior
07-29-2003, 03:28 AM
this process is called TRACE bmp (same like Flash :p ) How can Flash do that? I never new it can do that. I always thought you import it and draw over it. I am looking for a program to turn Bitmap into Vector automatically so I can import it into Flash easily. Is there such a program. It will help if it can be 3D as well :D ;)

farafiro
07-29-2003, 04:06 AM
load the pic
select it
Modify> trace Bitmap ;)
tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Warrior
07-29-2003, 04:13 AM
Thanks Farafiro :D but what do I do with the picture after that? The computer starts to go slowly and it may slow down the flash player. Also, how can I turn it 3D by another program.

farafiro
07-29-2003, 04:33 AM
tracing a bitmap reduse it's weight too much

even u can delet the bmp from the library after tracing it
u can play with the nums in the tracing box that appears and then do some artistic touch

and even better, u can import a QT video> export it as a BMP sequance> trace some pix of it> export them as a MC or a swf with these art tough
and see the difference in size it does

JHallam
07-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by farafiro
tracing a bitmap reduse it's weight too much

even u can delet the bmp from the library after tracing it
u can play with the nums in the tracing box that appears and then do some artistic touch

It's not the greatest way too be honest, to my recognition anyway. When using graphics in flash I either create them right in Flash or if I import any graphical imagery, I do not trace it, resize it or anything possible which will change the file I have imported. That way seems to work great for me, I get great standard images.

Warrior
07-29-2003, 09:47 AM
What do you think GRaPHiX_FReaK ;) Is there a program to turn Bitmap into Vector automatically so I can import it into Flash easily. It will help if it can be 3D as well :D :cool:

JHallam
07-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Hey W,

I create all my graphics in Illustrator 10, I do everything layout wise from there, that's vector based so most of my tif's or whatever format from illustrator I use, fits well. I have no problem with destortion etc If you use Photoshop then I would advise you to save the selected images your taking to flash, not as JPGs, BMP, GIF's or PNG's...I would save them as TIF's and then import to Flash via Quicktime. Works for me!

We all have different methods and procedures, I have a few but mostly I use the stated.

Warrior
07-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Thank you for that. I will keep it in mind :D :cool:

chicoP
08-05-2003, 09:38 AM
What do I need to do to get it into quicktime ?