PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating Text Boxes as a result of ASP Script

Immulsifier
06-17-2001, 05:29 PM
Hi Peeps. I have seen a few ways to do this using text files etc but I was wondering how it would be done in an ASP script. I am trying to dynamically create text boxes as a result of an ASP recordset output. So for example if my ASP script finds 5 results I want Flash to create 5 text boxes to display them in. You get the idea. Has anyone got a working example of this.

Jesse
06-18-2001, 01:57 AM
see the 'loadVariables Interactio with backend scripts' tutorial. when you responce.write your number (or however you would do it with flash) use a flash loop to continually check if the number has yet been recieved. then when it is, use basic duplicatemovieclip to duplicate a movie clip with a text field in it. the joy of this is that all your messages can have the same variable name because their path will be different. like:
_root.msgWindow1.text
_root.msgWindow2.text
_root.msgWindow3.text

etc.

plapman
06-18-2001, 02:19 PM
I just wrote a messageboards using ASP and a access database, http://www.playfool.com/projects/gb/gb.html

the asp script

dim i, icount
icount=rs.recordcount ' This is your amount of textbox 'movies that you need to create.
response.write("&amount=" & icount)
i=1
do until rs.eof
response.write("&text" & i & "=" & rs.fields("yourfield"))
i=i+1
loop

'close connection

flash stuff goes something like this
// Counter to get text vars
amount = _root.amount;
// get the amount of movies here
while (amount>0) {
duplicateMovieClip ("_root.msgWindow", "_root.msgWindow"+i, i);

// set the text values here
set (""_root.msgWindow"+i+":text", eval("_root:text"+i));
}

hope this helps

Immulsifier
06-18-2001, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys that was just what i was looking for :)

Immulsifier
06-18-2001, 10:07 PM
Is it possible to specify where each movie clip is created using plapman's method? I am also struggling to get this working so if anyone has an fla they could send me with an example I would be very grateful.

Thanks

plapman
06-19-2001, 07:58 AM
try using the 'set' method

Chacal
07-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I'm a bit confused from this also. Anyone have a .fla and .asp file for this? I found this (http://flash-mx.html.it/tutorial/print_tutorial.asp?idtutorial=5), which is kind of what I want to do, but it's in italian so I don't understand it very well.

bongbox
08-05-2003, 12:31 AM
hey can i get the complet file of your g-book not to copy or to use on my site just for educational purposes please