PDA

View Full Version : Windowless Flash from a link

rintrah
08-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Okay, I've managed to get my flash to float over my page using the excellent example at

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=29828&highlight=windowless

But what I need to do, is have the floating flash come up when a link is clicked on the HTML page - anyone know how to do this? The only workaround I've been able to do is have two duplicate pages, one with the layer, one without, and link from there.

IS there any other way?

matt poole
08-22-2003, 06:02 AM
you could put the WMODE tag inside a div (visibility set to "hidden") and the set the vis of the div to "visible" when the button is clicked.

akschinas
12-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to accomplish something similar to this, but I'm not sure if the above replay helps me. I'm trying to launch a swf file from a button within an htm file. So when I click on the button, I want the swf to play in a windowless browser... meaning, I don't want any browser controls to show up and I don't even want a close button in the upper right corner. The reason for this is because I'm conducting an assessment and don't want the person to be able to close out of the browser before answering all of the questions. I want to take all control away from them and give them a button at the end of the test so that they can close out of it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

matt poole
12-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Its a case of using a javascript (window.open()) but you'd still get the close button. So you open up a small window off screen and in that open up a div thats still on screen that has your movie with the close button that calls the window.close() javascript when your done.

akschinas
12-09-2005, 04:42 PM
It kind of makes sense, but I'm not sure how to open a small window off screen. I know that's not an actionscript, but javaScript. I'm just not educated enough on JavaScript to be able to write it. Can you please be more specific?

Thanks for your help!

matt poole
12-09-2005, 04:55 PM
...actually scrap that idea.

have a look into chromless windows...