PDA

View Full Version : Help, with making a simple game...

Jamesus
08-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey, im new to this forum...
I went to http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/beginner/games_in_flash/index.shtml

And im trying to learn how to make the basic game. Yet when i test it, all it does is flashes, and doesn't move at all.

Just to make helping me (if you will) easier, im @ this part

Test your movie and press the arrow keys on your keyboard. What's happening there is we have a function (moveStuff) that says "if the left arrow key is pressed, move the object that is calling this function 5 pixels to the left" and likewise for the other 3 arrow keys. We then tell our 2 movieclips (affectionately known as box_mc and ball_mc) to call this function every frame. It's important to understand that even though our timeline only has 1 frame, the Flash player is playing that frame 31 times per second. In fact, even if we had a stop action in that frame, the enterFrame event would still occur 31 times per second.

Now, im not sure how to add Instance, so that might be why.

I'm running Flash MX, and if anyone wouldn't mind, taking me threw this. If you have the time, of course :)....
thanks Everyone

Jamesus

Colin Campbell
08-23-2003, 09:21 PM
click on the object, and look in the "properties" window. Under the type of symbol it is, you will see a text field with this: "<Instance Name>". Click on text field and type in the desired instance name.

omega10mg
08-24-2003, 05:41 PM
are u sure u made stops at the right frames? becuase that might explain the whole thing, when games othen only are like 3 frames long. and without stops it might just flash and flash.