PDA

View Full Version : Fixed MC pixel size?

Steckertrafo
08-26-2003, 04:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a flash application and I'd like to keep the menus the same pixel size for all resolutions. For example, a menu would always be 200 pixels high, independent of the size of the flash movie. The idea is that you have more workspace in higher resolutions, since the menus would be proportionally smaller.
I guess the only way to do this is detect the screen resolution and calculate the menu scale from that. Can I do this from flash, or would I have to do this in html? Or are there other ways to do this that I'm missing?

Thanks for any replies.

JGizmo
08-26-2003, 05:37 AM
Yes, you can set the flash movie as a "FIXED and NO" scale after you publish it, therefore it can stay with 200 pixels no matter what resolution the screen of size of the browser it is within.

John

Steckertrafo
08-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Thanks for your reply JGizmo, but my problem is a bit different. I figured out how to do it with an onResize listener. It automaticall resizes all MCs on the stage, based on the stage size and the document settings for the swf file. So the larger your browser window is, the smaller the embedded MCs get.
Looks like this with a document size of 800*600.

Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";
Rescaler= new Object();
Stage.addListener(Rescaler);

Rescaler.onResize = function () {
myMovieClip._xscale = 100 * 600/Stage.height;
myMovieClip._yscale = myMovieClip._xscale;
myMovieClip._x = 800 + (Stage.width - 800)*0.5 - myMovieClip._width;
myMovieClip._y = -(Stage.height - 600)*0.5
}