PDA

View Full Version : gradient anoyone?

Benaiah
09-03-2003, 01:15 AM
I'm trying to make a gradient for the color on a bar on a potential webpage, and I'm trying to get it to go from, for example's sake... dark dark blue, to red. Bad color combo, yes, but I'm trying to make the question make sense...

In Photoshop its easy to specify whether you want it to fade to white or opaqueness or another color... but I cant figure out how to do something similar in flash mx?

I'm thinking about making an image in photoshop, and cutting it up to fit where I need it, and sticking an image in the flash document, but that would be a hassle...

I can kinda cheat a bit and stretch the gradient so that it's bigger than the image, so that the white doesnt show, only a blend of dark-light blue or whatever.... but I cant figure out a way to make it like the photoshop gradient.. Any advice?

manuelarean
09-03-2003, 04:47 AM
First, in the color mixer palete set the "solid" fill (default), to "gradient", if you want a linear gradient or to radial if you want a radial one.

Then experiment with the settings (are similar to photoshop) to find your desired set of colors and alpha for your gradient.

Finally draw a shape, and there is the gradient.

After that if you want to change direction and other properties of the gradient, you only has to use de gradient tool.

There is a lot of ways to acomplish your task, I hope this could guide you to your desired resoult.

PD. Sorry about my english

:D

Benaiah
09-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey thanks for your time and advice...

that helped a bunch, but I still cant figure out how to have a gradient made of two colors, rather than just (color) and white...

Suppose I want something like red and yellow as the gradient colors... anyone know how to achieve this? or if there are any sneaky ways around it?

manuelarean
09-03-2003, 07:54 PM
You can do a gradient with as many colors as you want, check the attached picture, you just have to click on the handler (the small boxes in both sides of the gradient bar) and asign a color, and if you wish to add another handler in the middle of the bar (or anywhere else) you just have to click on the botton of the gradient bar to add another handler.

;)

annexion
09-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Look to the right side of Flash for a panel called Color Mixer. You can edit gradients there. That's what manuelarean was getting at.

Select a gradient type (linear or radial) and you'll see a gradient blend below the drodown menu with two little "knobs". Select one and then click on the color picker that's just above it. To add a "knob" just click where you want a knob to be, and it will appear. Then select a color for it.

If that still doesn't help I can upload a screenshot for you.

Benaiah
09-03-2003, 08:11 PM
ahhhh awesome, thanks guys I never knew that for some reason.... That helped COMPLETELY.... thanks for your time

annexion
09-03-2003, 09:28 PM
I didn't even notice that he posted the help before me. We must've posted at that same time.