PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Pop up Windows

Ndater
06-21-2001, 06:37 PM
I'm new to flash, but trying to learn quickly. I have created a flash movie with one section that has a photo gallery. I would lke to generate a borderless pop-up window for each thumbnail. I tried the "pop-up window within flash" tutorial, and it worked great, but only for one window. I can't create more than one this way. Is there a way to spawn more windows? The problem with the other way was that I only have one html page. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Noah

Strok
06-21-2001, 07:01 PM
http://www.actionscripts.org/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=3311

last thread will help you

Ndater
06-21-2001, 07:31 PM
Thanks for your reply. I tried using that approach, but if I understand correctly, you are linking multiple flash movies from an HTML document. Unfortunately I want to use Flash to open up multiple new windows. The tutorial shows how to open one of these new windows, and that works very well. The problem is that I need to open 6 windows all from the same flash movie and scene. As you showed this would be very easy to do with standard html, but it gets more complex with flash. I could be going about this the wrong way, but I'm currently miffed.
Thanks,
Noah

Jesse
06-22-2001, 12:52 AM
The issue is that when you spawn a new popup the 'name' field must be different, otherwise your browser recognizes the exisiting popup with that name and simply opens your document in that window.
You can fix this by manually alterring the name field on each of your buttons, or dynamiccaly using code like this:
on (release) {
_root.buttonCount += 1;
getURL ("javascript:openNewWindow('somePage.html','thewin"+_root.buttonCount+"','height=100,width=250,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes' )");
}
NB: This code is just an example, you will obviously have to change the javascript function it calls and the values it passes.

keywords: open multiple pop up windows name field new

xus
09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm testing your code with no result.

here my code

Actions.gotoURL = function(urlVar) {
_root.buttonCount += 1;
getURL("javascript:openNewWindow("+urlVar+",'win"+_root.buttonCount+"','fullscreen=1')");
};

Do I need the .swf to be embeded in a html in order to run properly ????

if not,

Is there anyway to get multiple windows with different names using only .swf files ???? the main problem is that new windows is getting opened behind the projector for the reason you explain in the last post I supose.

I'm getting mad looking for this theme.
I'll appreciate you to help me and all of us who want to achieve reading archives from a flash cd.

greetings :p