Pioneer 16x Tray load DVD-ROM
Altec Lansing 221 50-Watt Speaker Set.

Total: $1788.25

*Canadian prices*

It'll be ready on Tuesday.

What do you think? What are your specs?

retrotron
09-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Nice machine you got there. I have one that's a little less nice than yours, though I bought all the parts at auctions and put it together myself so can't remember the specs or how much it cost me (was pretty darn cheap though). I recently bought a 17" Powerbook and I love it, but I think I really just love having a unix system working for me. ;)

skee
09-11-2003, 08:32 PM
my current specs

Atari 2600 (vintage 1979)
2 joysticks (single button)
Games- Tank Battle and Pong

skee

annexion
09-11-2003, 08:48 PM
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=34036

Colin Campbell
09-11-2003, 09:25 PM
If you get that computer, it owns. That would definitly help the 23 hour rendering deal eh? So I was talking to my dad about getting the internet from my room in the basement. We've encountered troubles, which we've trying to solve for a while now.

We have a couple options. We already have an Apple Airport, problem being we've only tried to connect to it with a PC once, with poor results. We used my dads new laptop on the first floor *airport is on our 2nd floor*

We would've run a wire down the stairway, but my mom won't tolerate a wire going through the house.

We can strengthen the signal with a new antena, or a whole new base station. This is a good option... we couldn't shoot the signal down there now anyway, as its too weak to reach all the way down.

Any experience with a similar problem???? Its worrying me...

pixelwit
09-12-2003, 02:57 AM
My Computer: Etch-A-Sketch 2000, dual input knobs, portable, non-glare screen (dusty), high-definition analog resolution, plastic case comes in a multitude of cool colors (just like a Mac!), low power consumption, wireless and best of all it reboots in less than half a second.

Retrotron: You built your own computer but stuck a 14.4 modem in it? You're one odd character. Clever but odd. ;)

-PiXELWiT
http://www.pixelwit.com

retrotron
09-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Ha ha, that's hilarious pixelwit. I'm temporarily staying with the parents (mmm...I've missed that momma's cooking!) and we live up in the mountains where the phone lines are so bad that we can't get anything better than 14K. :)

The Atari and Etch-a-Sketch, boy those are amazing computers, I wish my Atari 2600 would still work. Does anybody remember the Atari ST computers? Those were amazing for their time. I took mine apart and couldn't put it back together again (I was only 10). Before I ever had a computer I used to draw a keyboard on a piece of paper (which probably had 25 irregular sized keys) and then pretend like I was typing something important on it. I'm fairly certain now I wasn't fooling anybody.

skee
09-12-2003, 12:05 PM
i think a mint condition Atari 2600 or ST would be worth some coin. classics.

annexion
09-12-2003, 01:10 PM
My point was to express that there was already a thread started about your computer. You could have continued it there.