PDA

View Full Version : dress up game

elektra
09-12-2003, 04:20 AM
Hi
Im creating a small dress up game that uses simple buttons to change the outfits of a doll. So far I have 3 costumes divided in 3 (hat, dress and shoes). What I want is to make it possible for the user to combine these in all possible ways. Is there a simple way of doing that or do I have to create MCs for each possible combination?
Any suggestions???

vosgien
09-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Hi Elektra,
I would suggest that you make mc's for each item of clothing, i.e 3mc' for each hat, 3mc's for each dress and so on, then they can mix and match.......

Does that help you any ?

Vosgien

elektra
09-12-2003, 06:50 AM
thank you for answering
- but I was hoping there was a simpler way than that - perhaps using variables or something like that to make sure that when a new item is clicked the old dress/hat/ shoe dissapears? Im not familar with actionscript - so can anyone help me out?

vosgien
09-12-2003, 06:54 AM
Hi,
Do you have an fla you can post ?

Vosgien

elektra
09-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Yes I have an fla. But it seems that I cant attach it here, and your e-mailadress i not available.:(

dzy2566
09-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Do as was suggested, and make a mc for each of the three types of clothing. So like you said, you have three of each (or as many as you want to draw). So each mc should have three frames, on for each hat, dress, etc. On each frame of each of these mcs, put a stop(); Lets say your three movie clips are "hats", "dresses", and "shoes". Now all you have to do is add this code and your users can click on the item that they want to change and it will advance to the next item.

hats.onPress = function(){
play();
}
dresses.onPress = function(){
play();
}
shoes.onPress = function(){
play();
}

Just make sure that you have a stop on every frame that has an item drawn in it, and you'll be able to add as many frames as you want and won't have to change the codes.

vosgien
09-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi,
if I have understood you correctly, you have three mc's each containing hat, dress and shoes, if you want to interchange them each item will have to be an mc itself, so before you can begin to do what you need , you have to the ground work first, which means creating the mc's to start with. Probably doesn't make much sense like that - you can mail me HERE ([email protected]) make sure you zip the file first

Cheers

Vosgien

dzy2566
09-12-2003, 10:14 AM
Here's a little example. Click on the clothes to change them.

elektra
09-13-2003, 08:43 AM
thank you all for the answers - I'll try it out as soon as possible...and will probably return with more questions:)

elektra
09-15-2003, 07:04 AM
hi there
Im now a step further with my little dress up game - but new problems have appeared. The buttons does'nt work as I want them to. When you click twice on the same button strange things happen and I cant figure out what I have done wrong, So please - can someone give me a clue?

Best.Flash
09-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Try setting your actions for buttons to gotoAndStop

ie. _root.shoes.gotoAndStop ("shoes1");

When you press the buttons twice a.t.m the play head's continues on to the next stop() action.