PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 5 transparency problem!

ChicoChic
06-25-2001, 10:47 PM
Hi all-
I'm trying to export an image into Flash W/OUT the background color. I want the image to have a transparent background when I import it into Flash. Problem is, I have Photoshop 5, so I don't have that nice option of "Save As Web," otherwise I could've saved my image as a transparency already! So... is there a way to do it in Photoshop 5? Help, please!

Strok
06-26-2001, 12:30 AM
check this out:
http://www.actionscripts.org/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=3169

THOR
06-26-2001, 03:18 PM
ok this is fairly easy. In photoshop 5, in order to save a transparent gif,

1. while your image is open. go to image/mode/indexed color it will ask you for some settings, i usually use perceptual, it gives the best results. change your settings to what suits you,

2. now go to file/export/gif a couple windows will pop up, when you see one that has a color chart on the right hand side, you can create transparency here, click on the eyedropper tool, and select any color, you can even do it directly on the picture as well. once that is complete, click ok,

now just save, and you should be all set. I am trying to remember this since i dont use photoshop 5 anymore, but i know these directions are very close.

good luck

metasketch
06-27-2001, 01:08 AM
Or something that might be slightly easier is to delete the background layer so the gray checker box are visible behind your first layer.

Then save it a .png file.