PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP, how do I use multiple cameras for this simple app

artane
09-23-2003, 04:52 PM
hey guys,

I'm setting up a website that I want to display 3 different video streams from 3 different cameras located within 3 different rooms of my clients office. Is this possible?

How does it work, would my clients computer "relay" the video to the flashcom server?

How would I send the camera signals to the Flashcom server? I would need 3 cameras but, would I also need 3 computers?

Thanks very much, I really appreciate your help!

artane

Leon v Wyk
09-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by artane
hey guys,

I'm setting up a website that I want to display 3 different video streams from 3 different cameras located within 3 different rooms of my clients office. Is this possible?

How does it work, would my clients computer "relay" the video to the flashcom server?

How would I send the camera signals to the Flashcom server? I would need 3 cameras but, would I also need 3 computers?

Thanks very much, I really appreciate your help!

artane

I have played with myCam = Camera.get(); but I don't see the point to this because you can only see your own camera and not any cameras that are connected to the server, so in other words all you see is your self, I am also looking at finding a way to view remote cameras, if you are still looking at doing this localy you must making 3 video objets and then use:

myCam1 = Camera.get(1);
myCam2 = Camera.get(2);
myCam3 = Camera.get(3);

myVideoObject1.attachVideo(myCam1);
myVideoObject2.attachVideo(myCam2);
myVideoObject3.attachVideo(myCam3);

that should work, but I don't see the point...

sikkebaas
03-02-2005, 03:13 PM
it should be

myCam1 = Camera.get(0);
myCam2 = Camera.get(1);
myCam3 = Camera.get(2);

So the index start at 0 for your first camera. Profiding you have long enough usb cables (I'm not sure if extremely long usb cables need signal boosting of some sort) and suficient usb bandwith it should work with just one computer and 3 cameras.