PDA

View Full Version : XML and flash security problem

jonath
06-27-2001, 10:27 PM
I posted before a message in th actionscripting forum but after searching and reading and searching and reading i found that the problem has nothing to do with my actionscripting.

Basically i have a flash movie that diplays news from an XML document on another server (legal - moreover encourages the use). but as mentioned in Flash action script reference guide the Flash security features (i guess for keeping people from stealing xml documents from other servers) doesn't allow the xml to be in a different domain.

That is why it works on my local hard drive and doesn't work on the server (reference guide diagram)

What is the solution? do i have to download and post on my server a copy of the XML and if so, what's flash security good for?

Thank You for any reply on this subject, it has been a problem that i'm strugglin for days now and it looks like a solution if close

Jesse
06-28-2001, 11:17 AM
I don't think there is a solution. Since Flash specifies it must come from the same domain I think you will have to manually update the XML every so often, or alternatively you might be able to make some sort of server side script which flash calls, which reads the XML off the other server and rebuilds it on your side. I dunno about XML though so I can't help you with that.